As Lab Lead you are responsible for all activities in the Belgium Lab Department. The services delivered by this department are focused on prototype builds and testing operations. The responsibilities of the team range from requirements analysis and acceptance, over scheduling and preparing, to execution.
Your key focus will be on process management. You oversee the correct usage of the tools (related to planning, scheduling, KPI’s,…) and analyse the information gathered. As overall responsible for the processes, you make sure deviations to the process happen in a controlled manner by aligning all the affected stakeholders. You will also design new processes and define responsibilities.
Additionally, a large portion of your attention will go to the coaching of your direct and indirect reports.
Your day-to-day activities include:
- Managing technical resources and ensuring operational deliverables are met.
- Working cross-functionally to improve overall lab operations.
- Managing stakeholders both in and outside the company.
- Managing capital and expense budgets and developing forecasts for future needs.
- Managing resource allocation and priorities.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Operations Management, Master’s preferred.
- You have 10+ years of experience in a drivetrain engineering environment, including 3 years of direct or indirect experience in a development lab setting.
- You are a team player that is used to working with deadlines and achieving results.
- You have knowledge of the automotive industry standards and launch procedures.
- You are highly proficient in development testing/laboratory operations, including resource planning and scheduling, visual management, test specification and reporting.
- You have demonstrated expertise in problem solving.
- You are flexible to periodically work non-traditional hours to support local and international suppliers and team members.
- You are highly proficient in spoken and written English, Dutch is a plus.
- A supportive climate where you get on-the-job training that is tailored to your skills and in line with our needs.
- A high-tech environment that is full of creative and technical talent.
- A varied job, where you will be continually expanding your knowledge.
- A dynamic work atmosphere, good opportunities for training and growth, an organisation with a low-level hierarchy, an inspiring company culture and an attractive remuneration package.
- Published 06 April 2020
- City Zedelgem
- Region West Flanders
- Sector Engineers
- Education Master's Degree, Academic Bachelor, Professional Bachelor
- Function Type Clerk
- Experience At least 10 years experience
- Language skills English
- Company TREMEC
- Function Human Capital Manager
- Person HR